Introduction to Contemplative Prayer
A five-video teaching with resources and practices
Welcome to this Introduction to Contemplative Prayer!
In the five videos, we explore the basics of contemplative prayer, the core theological value of "letting go," the neuroscientific basis for it, the invitation to wholeheartedness, and the resource of contemplative prayer for our action in the world. Each video offers 30-40 minutes of teaching, along with practices to engage in-between sessions. The resources I offer come with dynamic links to books, videos, websites, and other important pathways for your further journey.
After completing this course:
- you will have a strong foundation for your own understanding of and practice in the Christian contemplative prayer tradition
- you will have practices that bring you greater life and vitality, while opening up deeper pathways of intimacy with God.
- you will enjoy greater centeredness and resilience which will empower you to be a more present, healthy, and impactful person in whatever you do.
- you will be armed with a wealth of resources for a continued journey
- you will feel empowered to intentionality choose pathways of wholeness
Chuck is Professor of Pastoral Care and Christian Spirituality at Western Theological Seminary (Holland MI) and Senior Fellow with Newbigin House of Studies (San Francisco). A longtime pastor, therapist, spiritual director, author, and consultant, Chuck's teaching ministry has had an impact on many. Chuck is married to Sara and they have two daughters.
You can find out more about me at my homepage